S12
Login or register to access full features of the forums!
S12
Login or register to access full features of the forums!
S12
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forums for Sector 12

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[DENIED] My Mod Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Confederate
Fresh New
Fresh New

[DENIED] My Mod Application Empty
PostSubject: [DENIED] My Mod Application   [DENIED] My Mod Application Empty24/1/2015, 08:39

Your age:16
SteamName:Confederate
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:51913064
In-Game Name:Confederate
Warnings(On Server|No more than 5): 1

Do you have a mic: Yes
How long have you been on the server:I have been on this server for about 13 hours, I believe. Though in DarkRP, in general, I probably have a total of over 200 hours.
Have you administrated another server before:I have not administered another server because I haven't found one I like. I did place an application in one server, but the forums shut down before a final decision could be made.

Can you write with proper grammar?

I can write with proper grammar because I have always taken Honors English, and very recently, AP Language (English). In AP Language, every assessment you have to do is a paper, from just a few simple sentences, to massive essays, that are a few pages long. Because of this, I know how to write with proper grammar, unlike many of the little kids, "squeakers", that type something that you cannot understand because it extremely sloppy, and the statements contradict each other. Upon this, I love history, which means I have to write a lot on any subject that I am interested in, like the American Civil War. You have to do massive amounts of research, and most people (like me) memorize and write about anything that interests them in said subject.

Why do you want to become a moderator?

I would like to be moderator because I believe that I would really enjoy it. But besides that, there are a few other reasons. One reason is because I always get on the servers when there isn't an admin on, or when the admins aren't doing anything, while spawn killing/RDM is going on. The second reason is because my brother (Doc Holiday), is an admin on this server, and I think it would awesome to have a "tag team" on the server, to clear the rule breakers. And third, I just don't have any tolerance towards trolls, minges, and the like. They just piss me off and I want to put a stop to any attempt they try and do to troll the server.

Why would you be good as a moderator?

I believe that I would make a good moderator for a few reason, a couple of which are stated above. One reason is because I am on during the trolling times. And even if the admins are on, sometimes they don't care, and they just rag doll themselves. There is also the matter that, again, I want to stop any move that any of the trolls do. Like if they say they don't know what prop blocking is, and I see they have 200 hours on Gmod, I would permaban him. Or anything like that, RDM, prop spam, prop minge, prop push, etc. Because of this tolerance "issue" I believe I would be a good moderator.
Back to top Go down
DaGold
Veteran
Veteran
DaGold

PostSubject: Re: [DENIED] My Mod Application   [DENIED] My Mod Application Empty24/1/2015, 12:53

//Denied First off you would not perma ban someone for propblock. Even if they do have 200 hours on gmod, they could have never played DarkRP before. Second, just because you brother is Doc Holiday that doesn't mean it will help you get moderator on our server. You aren't being denied for the brother aspect, but you are being denied because you have given us little reason to promote you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDkMrY7gSOc
Dr.Rage
Veteran
Veteran
Dr.Rage

PostSubject: Re: [DENIED] My Mod Application   [DENIED] My Mod Application Empty24/1/2015, 12:55

1st how long have you been on the server? It doesn't say.

Very good grammar and it looks like you really took your time on this.

Although.. Your reasoning is quite strict. Permaban.. for propblock? I know there are admins who don't really do anything, but I believe that most of them (like your brother) are extremely good at their job and know how to handle people correctly. They are all really friendly and fun which is needed in a darkrp server. I think you would make a suitable mod.. but you would have a lot to learn. Moderating is very hard and not always fun. I love doing it, but it isn't for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Confederate
Fresh New
Fresh New

PostSubject: Re: [DENIED] My Mod Application   [DENIED] My Mod Application Empty24/1/2015, 12:58

Again, I do understand what you are saying about the prop block permaban. I over reacted with that, but I just hate people that would do that, or anything with the like. And the last couple of days, I have seen a shit ton of it over a few servers, so I am an inch away from blowing a gasket. Granted, I do need to learn, but I can't learn if I never moderate a server.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [DENIED] My Mod Application   [DENIED] My Mod Application Empty26/1/2015, 10:48

Moderating is all about anal. Some people like to do it, some don't Wink Pro tip.
Back to top Go down
Le Flame
Superadmin
Superadmin

PostSubject: Re: [DENIED] My Mod Application   [DENIED] My Mod Application Empty26/1/2015, 15:35

Confederate wrote:
Again, I do understand what you are saying about the prop block permaban. I over reacted with that, but I just hate people that would do that, or anything with the like. And the last couple of days, I have seen a shit ton of it over a few servers, so I am an inch away from blowing a gasket. Granted, I do need to learn, but I can't learn if I never moderate a server.

More often than not, you're going to have to distance yourself from situations and cut people some slack due to a lack of evidence. Some rule breakers do so on accident, others are trolls. If you start to ban people quickly because you're sick of the way they talk or act, or due to any other personal reasons why you would not give them another chance, you will have abuse reports all over you. If you can't distance yourself, you're going to have a lot of trouble moderating. To be honest, you simply will not enjoy yourself if you have difficulty separating the appropriate punishments from the ones that you want to dish out. Either way, you can reapply in a week. Trialmod is a good period to learn in, speak to staff that you know. Ask them about time commitments and so on, learn whatever you can before applying again to decide if you really want to moderate. You will be applying for extra responsibility for nothing in return save from the appreciation of your peers. When you receive the rank, you shouldn't ignore your duties just because you would rather not deal with situations (This really just applies for when nobody is on duty). You would be ASKING for more work, and you would be expected to do the work that you requested.

Hopefully I haven't put you off too much. Do what you can, decide if being a staff member is for you, then reapply in a week. The server could do with more active staff members.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DENIED] My Mod Application   [DENIED] My Mod Application Empty

Back to top Go down

[DENIED] My Mod Application

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1